YOUTH OMBUDSMAN OFFICE
The Los Angeles County, Youth Development Services (YDS) Ombudsman's office was developed to assist with responding to the complaints and / or concerns of foster and probation foster youth regarding ILP service delivery and the availability of services. Complaints and / or concerns are investigated to help ensure that youth receive the services in which they are eligible.
Elizabeth Esteban is the Youth Development Services Division Ombudsperson.
The following is her contact information:
Elizabeth Esteban, Youth Ombudsman
425 Shatto Place 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90020
(YOU CAN ALSO CALL COLLECT) or email her at Lunael@dcfs.lacounty.gov.
Ms. Esteban can help you if:
Additional Ombudsman Office Contact Information:
- You have any questions about what services you are eligible to receive and if you need information on how to get them
- You run into any problems getting what you need
- RFF Decision Review Form (PDF)
- You have general concerns about Youth Development Services/Independent Living Program
- You need to request a transitional housing appeal and are in a DCFS THP and / or THP Plus Program
- You have five business days after receiving your thirty day notice to file a Notice of Appeal Request
- You should fax Notice of Appeal Request and supporting documents directly to:
Elizabeth Esteban, YDS Ombudsman at (fax) (213) 487-4431 and (call) (213) 351-5720 to ensure that your request and/or documents have been received
1) (click here for information about the appeals process and for the forms)
- You're overwhelmed and no one understands you
California State Foster Care
744 P Street, MS 9-025
Sacramento, CA 95814